Poster: Indigenous Day
The United Nations’ International Day of the World’s Indigenous People is observed each year on August 9 to promote and protect the rights of the world’s Indigenous population. This event recognizes the achievements and contributions made by Indigenous Peoples. The commemoration takes place on in recognition of the first meeting of the United Nations Working Group on Indigenous Populations held in Geneva in 1982.
- Is anyone reporting / tweeting about the International Day of the World’s Indigenous People?
- Which events have livestreaming and recorded video?
- What are the Indigenous acounts to follow on Twitter?
- How does the United Nations Working Group on Indigenous Populations work?
- How do we prepare for the International Decade of Indigenous Languages?