In light of recent developments in the world related to pandemic COVID-19, UNESCO decided that the event will be postponed to a later date. Consultations are currently under way to determine the exact dates of the session.
The event is notable for its adoption of new world heritage sites as well as the potential for delisting sites that are not fulfilling their commitments.
Be kind and generous to others. Curated coverage from Planeta.com is only as good as what others post that we can like, embed, fave and retweet about. If you are attending the conference, bonus points if you can take and share photos and videos of information tables, side-events, and corridor chats.
- When will an announcement be made regarding a future date for the 44th session of the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO?
- What would locals like visitors to know about China?
- What is the status of the Marketplace for World Heritage?
- What country will host 45WHC?
- Does the public have access to what’s on the screen? Slides, edited word document, announcements?
- Will press conferences be streamed online and if so, will they accept questions from remote participants?
- Do videos have transcripts or captions?
- Can we access or create transcripts?
- Are there shared Google docs?
- Is there a Twitter list of registered participants, sponsors or superfans?
Questions for the participants
- How does this meeting compare to similar events?
- Are you touring or exploring the host country during your visit?
Questions for UNESCO
- What are you envisioning as possible uses for the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike code?
Questions for the IUCN
- Is there overlap in these discussions and travel and tourism in protected areas? Are members of TAPAS contributing to or following the meeting?
Reforming UNESCO’s World Heritage – Mats Djurberg and Tora Aasland – @matsdjurberg @tora_aasland
China to host 44th session of World Heritage Committee – Xinhua
Fuzhou to Host 2020 UNESCO World Heritage Committee as China Overtakes Italy for Most Listed Sites – @radiichina
During the World Heritage Committee session, the Committee reviews the state of conservation of World Heritage sites, inscribes new sites on the World Heritage List, and attends to other matters involved in the implementation of the World Heritage Convention.