In 2022 we might be facing Twitter fatigue. The buyout from Elon Musk signals a change of direction – one path with the site slipping into MySpace obsolescence, the other exciting and new with a transparent algorithm and innovative new applications.
Making the most of Twitter
Please remember to be generous in your interaction with others. If you are not faving and retweeting others, you are not making the most of this social web channel.
Yes, Twitter helps you follow your interests with instant updates from your friends, friends’ friends and complete strangers. For breaking news and hyperlocal announcements, Twitter delivers.
This page explores the expanding Twitterverse with an insider perspective. For those learning a new platform, we are here to help. We also want to be inspired. So please, show us examples of good practices around the globe.
Digital Literacy Quiz Questions
- Have you created an account on Twitter?
- Can you login on your laptop? On your phone? On your tablet?
When was the last time you updated the avatar in your Twitter profile? = ¿Cuándo fue la última vez que actualizaste el avatar en tu perfil de Twitter?
- Have you scheduled a post On Twitter?
Bonus points if you change it this week.
- Have you updated your profile?
- Have you retweeted someone else’s tweet?
- Have you used a hashtag on Twitter?
- Have you reviewed your email notifications?
- Have you kept an eye on your followers?
- Have you created a Twitter list?
- Have you published a Twitter moment?
- Have you embedded a tweet on a website?
- Do you manage more than one Twitter account?
- Twitter has been a decade+ global poetry slam. Say something brilliant or quote someone wise. You can tweet your own horn or remix the work of others.
“Twitter is where you make connections with many people you don’t know but have lots in common with” @RichardMcLellan