Photo: Ron Mader, Chapultepec (Some rights reserved)
Our view: City parks are essential urban infrastructure.
We cannot take city parks for granted so Planeta.com spotlights our favorite city parks around the world.
What we love: City parks are used for physical activity, competitive games and gentle strolls. City parks are safe havens for children in which to play and explore the natural world. Parks offer a respite from urban stress.
Questions = Preguntas
- Which are your favorite city parks accounts on Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, YouTube? = ¿Cuáles son tus cuentas favoritas de parques de la ciudad en Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, YouTube?
- What are the most interesting things city parks are doing this year? = ¿Cuáles son las cosas más interesantes que están haciendo los parques de la ciudad este año?
- What would locals like others know about [insert name]’s parks?
- Do the parks have volunteer programs? = ¿Los parques tienen programas de voluntariado?
Translating: What are your favorite city parks?
Spanish: ¿Cuáles son tus parques urbanos favoritos?
Welsh: Beth yw eich hoff barciau dinesig?
Iconic Designs: the world’s first municipal park – We often take the parks in our towns and cities for granted. The world’s first municipal park opened in 1847, at Birkenhead in the north of England, across the river Mersey from Liverpool.
Elsewhere on the Web
Flickr: City Parks Group – Rebooting group after a lull and starting from scratch in 2022. No disrespect to those whose photos were not accepted. In the future we’ll discuss what members would like to see and contribute. We love seeing botanical gardens, bike rides, and recycling in city parks.
A companion Flickr group reviews world parks – flickr.com/groups/worldparks.
- Place for physical exercise
- Public health
- Psychological well-being
- Environmental education
- Pollution absorption
- Wildlife protection
- Street noise buffering
- Building community