This page features key links, headlines, analysis, videos, and embedded tweets. As with Planeta.com coverage of other events, we review substance and the format, asking how the event might best engage locals and remote participants, before, during, and afterwards. Bonus points for livestreaming and collaborative notetaking.
All events can be more engaging. Notes and suggestions are welcome as we approach this meeting.
- What sessions will have livestreaming and recorded video?
- Do on-demand videos have shownotes, transcripts, and ways to interact?
- Are there collaborative Google Docs or wikis?
- Who is writing and tweeting from the event?
- Are there tips for remote participants who wish to be engaged?
- How will this year’s Climate COP be different than earlier events?
- What would locals like visitors to know about Glasgow?
Elsewhere on the Web
The UK will be assuming the COP26 Presidency, in partnership with Italy. The UK will host the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow, with Italy hosting a number of key preparatory events such as a Youth Event and the Pre-COP Summit, which will be held in Milan from 28 September – 2 October 2020.
The climate talks will be the biggest international summit the UK has ever hosted; bringing together over 30,000 delegates including heads of state, climate experts and campaigners to agree coordinated action to tackle climate change.