We have been big fans of Flickr – flickr.com – the user-generated photography website which launched in February 2004. This pioneering social web site rewards interaction and offers access to Creative Commons-licensed images.
Flickr Commons Revitalization
The Flickr Commons program was launched in 2008 and has become a unique collection of historical photography shared with the Flickr community by 114 cultural institutions around the world. This year, 13 years after it launched, we’ve taken time to evaluate the program and figure out how to reinvigorate it after a period of neglect. We have an opportunity to preserve the Flickr Commons collection resolutely and use techniques and tactics we develop to protect the longevity of the larger Flickr corpus.
Strategy 2021-2023 – Flickr Commons Revitalization
Coming of age in the Digital Decade: A 17 year old software company and what it means to look ahead
- Is Flickr worth a pro subscription?
- Specifics – Would you trust connecting your Flickr account to your Roku device?
Videos from Flickr administration explaining changes.
Better explaining of the Creative Commons licenses.
For Flickr members, the ability for ‘search and replace’ in descriptions.
More #FlickrFriday challenges / events
More engaging groups.
Digital Literacy Quiz Questions
- Have you created an account on Flickr?
- Have you uploaded photos?
- Have you viewed your contacts’ photos?
- Have you edited your buddy icon?
- Have you updated your profile information so it includes links to your Facebook, Twitter, and other social web accounts?
- Have you organized your photos?
- Have you added a star to someone else’s image?
- Have you added images to a Flickr group?
- Have you checked out recent activity?
- Have you checked out your stats?
- Bonus points: Create a slideshow using a Flickr album. Bonus points for watching on Apple TV
Create a calendar