Henderson, Nevada – City park fans, a community took place August 29 at Cornerstone Park, 1600 Wigwam Parkway discussing the Cornerstone Park Phase II Master Plan
http://www.cityofhenderson.com/henderson-happenings/parks-and-trails/upcoming-projects/cornerstone-park-phase-ii which includes the undeveloped areas primarily on the north and east sides of the lake.
Since the completion of the park in 2014, there has been in increase in residential development in the surrounding area. With the changing demographics, the city is seeking public input on the amenities that may be included.
The city presented initial design concepts at a public meeting in July.
- Dog park
- Picnic shelters
- Small amphitheater/gathering area
- Skate elements
- How is the park currently used?
- How will the signage change in the coming phase?
- How can we dissuade people from feeding the birds?
- What role does the Cornerstone ecosystem play in the Las Vegas Valley?