The high-level political forum on sustainable development will meet from Monday, July 9, to Wednesday, July 18 2018. The ministerial meeting of the forum will be from Monday, July 16, to Wednesday, July 18, 2018.
The theme is: “Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies”.
The HLPF will also review progress towards the SDGS and focus in particular on:
- Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development, that will be considered each year:
The first week will include numerous panel and roundtables on the theme and on the SDGs under review.