The event runs through May 4 at the Inkosi Albert Luthuli International Convention Centre.
- What are the hashtags used for this conference?
- Are any of the presentations and resources mentioned available online?
- Is there live and recorded video from the event?
- Is there a directory of exhibitors?
- Is there a Twitter list or moment of those attending / writing about the event?
- What is the status of canned hunting in South Africa?
- 2019 is the International Year of Indigenous languages? How do Indigenous peoples fare in this year’s tourism trade show?
- How is the wi-fi at the @DurbanICC
- What would locals like visitors to know about Durban? South Africa?
- What are your favorite apps, websites, streaming radio and video, Twitter accounts, and Facebook pages focusing on South Africa?
- How is South Africa’s general election impacting the 2019 Indaba?
Also in May, South Africa’s national election takes place on May 8.
Indaba is the African continent’s largest travel exhibition show. 2018’s show was attended by more than 7,000 delegates from 80 countries.
Exhibitors in the DEC (Durban Exhibition Centre) includes, provincial authorities, provincial products and African Countries. In the ICC (International Convention Centre), exhibitor categories include accommodation, tour operators, game lodges, transport, online travel, luxury products, hidden gems, media publications and industry associations. Outdoor exhibitors include transport, camping and safari companies.
A first for #Indaba2019 – introducing the Green Stand Awards to recognize exhibitors who go that extra “green” mile to build and design stands that are environmentally and socially sustainable. https://t.co/ko2C3KFuLp pic.twitter.com/Sx1lY9NJo5
— Travel Indaba (@travel_indaba) April 5, 2019
Thinking about prolonging your stay when you come to KZN for Africa's @travel_indaba, travel to the Midlands. The Midlands Meander has collection of tourist routes offering stunning accommodation, arts & crafts, fine cuisine & so much more reports CNN…https://t.co/ZoIie8B51j pic.twitter.com/hzsyCzUmfU
— Tourism KZN (@TourismKZN) April 25, 2019
— Blood Lions Official (@Blood_Lions) April 26, 2019