Collage of Artwork
Planeta.com spotlights the work of the IUCN and provides these profiles which are slowly updated before, during, and after events. We are keen to learn about trends in environmental conservation and the changing political and environmental climates.
Request – Please let us know if you are attending or interested in following the congress as a remote participant. Bonus points for photos of information tables and message boards at related events.
The event was postponed in light of the COVID-19 pandemic from its original date in 2020.
The event is jointly organized by the French Ministry for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition and the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and brings together leaders from government, civil society, Indigenous peoples’ organizations, business, and academia to determine the world’s most pressing environmental and development challenges, and actions to address them.
- What are the relevant hashtags for the event?
- Who is writing about / publishing / videographing the congress?
- What are the expectations and responsibilities of media partners?
- What are the ways that remote participants can be engaged and contribute to the event’s objectives? = De quelles manières les participants distants peuvent-ils s’engager et contribuer aux objectifs de l’événement?
- Are there public, re-usable/repostable posters and artwork?
- Will the event have live and recorded video?
- Are there shared, public google docs?
- How will the congress be different from the event in 2016?
- How has the event changed due to COVID-19?
- What would locals like visitors to know about Marseille? About France?
Photos of information tables and message boards
Calendar (to be updated)
- September 4-7 Forum
- September 4-9 Exhibition
- September 8-10 IUCN Members’ Assembly
- September 4-11 Nature Generation Areas, or “Espaces Générations Nature
Survival International’s #OurLandOurNature is the first congress to discuss decolonizing conservation. What this means will be discussed live via in-person and online event: ourlandournature.org – program
- How would the organizers of #OurLandOurNature like remote participants to join in?
- What are the background readings / videos?
IUCN Congress 2020
The previous IUCN World Conservation Congress, held in 2016 in Hawaiʻi, United States of America, was attended by some 10,000 participants from 192 countries.