Lingo Cards (Some rights reserved)
Pet Peeve = something that a person finds particularly annoying
Also see: bugbear
- How is ‘pet peeve’ rendered in other languages?
- What are your pet peeves?
- What are your technical/technology pet peeves?
- How do we talk about pet peeves?
- In respect to responsible travel, what are your pet peeves? = Con respecto al los viajes responsables, ¿cuáles son tus manías?
- Daylight Saving Time
- Planned obsolescence
- Single use plastic
- Lack of replacement parts
- Tweets which are automatically posted from a Facebook account
- Error establishing a database connection
- Email with attachments
- Constant Contact
- Mailing lists
- Patter of local and nightly news anchors
- People taking offense when I ask that they unsubscribe me from a mailing list
- The printer is not responding
- Database error
- Clicking ‘remember me’ to no avail
- Session timeouts
- Unreliable narrators
- Not being able to disable iPhone “Liked/Loved an image” in text messages (Reddit)
- Not being able to change language or filter out commentary from sports broadcasting
- Messages that are delivered or not delivered to phone and tablet depending on whether the others have or do not have the same kind of phone
- Roman Numerals in Superbowls
- Logging in on a new device
- Waiting for a phone call
- Waiting on hold without knowing how estimated time or number of callers to wait