National Private Land Conservation Conference
Hosted by the Tasmanian Land Conservancy, the conference theme will be Valuing Nature. Conversations will encompass conservation, culture, community and commerce, with topics including sustainable financing, natural capital, policy and the law, communications, productive landscapes, monitoring and measuring impact.
- Wednesday – Pre-conference workshops, including half day and full day options (from 10am). There’ll also be one early evening workshop, casual drinks and the screening of Banking Nature
- Thursday – Conference plenary sessions (registration from 8.30am) with presentations, discussions and debates through to 5pm. Conference dinner at MONA Thursday evening
- Friday – Conference concurrent sessions from 9am, finishing at 3pm
- What are the lessons learned from conservation on protected lands?
- What are the follow-ups to this conference?
- What are examples of private land conservation abutting parks and protected areas?
- Are there examples of travel and tourism that helps conserve biodiversity on private lands?
Request for conference organizers and participants: If there are other relevant links, videos, presentations, please let us know. As the conference continues today, it would be awesome if someone could stream a talk or corridor conversation via Periscope, YouTube or Facebook Live. Archived videos are encouraged and we’ll add links or embed them on this page.
Kudos to everyone in the room who is live tweeting. Twitter shoutouts to