Elsewhere on the Web: One of our fave sources of reliable news and information: Australia-based The Conservation – theconversation.com – celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2021!
This could be the end of the line for cruise ships
How to monitor the bushfires raging across Australia – The Conversation @AmandaGearing @ConversationEDU
Bison are Back – The Conversation
Experts’ roundtable: The future of journalism in Trump’s America
- Inform public debate with knowledge-based journalism that is responsible, ethical and supported by evidence.
- Unlock the knowledge of researchers and academics to provide the public with clarity and insight into society’s biggest problems.
- Create an open site for people around the world to share best practices and collaborate on developing smart, sustainable solutions.
- Provide a fact-based and editorially independent forum, free of commercial or political bias.
- Support and foster academic freedom to conduct research, teach, write and publish.
- Ensure the site’s integrity by only obtaining non-partisan sponsorship from education, government and private partners. Any advertising will be relevant and non-obtrusive.
- Protect editorial freedom in all commercial agreements.
- Ensure quality, diverse and intelligible content reaches the widest possible audience by employing experienced editors to curate the site.
- Set the standard in journalism best practice. Be open, transparent and accountable. Where errors occur correct them expeditiously.
- Work with our academic, business and government partners and our advisory board to ensure we are operating for the public good.