Transforming Travel: Realising the Potential of Sustainable Tourism by Jeremy Smith.
Available for download free for a limited time:
Table of Contents
3: The Transformative Hotel
4: Transforming Tours and Experiences
5: Transforming Places
6: Transforming Transport
7: Transforming Communication
8: Transforming Tourism
9: Further Reading
- Why the focus on transformation?
- Is there an audio book version?
Transforming Travel combines stories from leading companies, interviews with pioneers and thinkers, along with thorough analysis of the industry’s potential to make lasting, positive change.
– A unique collection of case studies and stories of the most successful, inspirational, impactful and innovative travel businesses in the world.
– A vital presentation of the latest research and statistics on the positive impacts and potential of transformative, sustainable tourism,
– A positive and realistic vision of the scope of tourism to promote sustainable development at a time when travel and interaction with foreign cultures is facing numerous existential challenges.
Written in a highly engaging style Transforming Travel presents an urgent argument for transforming tourism so it might reach its potential to promote tolerance, restore communities and regenerate habitats, while providing a vital guide for anyone looking to develop the successful sustainable tourism enterprises and destinations needed to do so.
It is a difficult time for the tourism sector, as global travel comes to almost a complete halt. To aid recovery planning for destinations, CABI are now providing free access to two key titles for a limited time. 📖 Download here:https://t.co/VjQQ2CAC9chttps://t.co/lABjX5LqcE pic.twitter.com/L7ZNElP5Be
— CABI Tourism (@CABI_Tourism) April 14, 2020