In the pantheon of the social web, Twitter – twitter.com – allows users to publish short messages of 280 characters of less. Twitterers can post their tweets across devices, including the iPhone, Android, Blackberry, or Windows devices and traditional computers.
Our take: Twitter is a global poetry slam. Say something brilliant or quote someone wise. You can tweet your own horn or remix the work of others.
Making the most of Twitter
Please remember to be generous in your interaction with others. If you are not faving and retweeting others, you’re not making the most of this social web channel.
Yes, Twitter helps you follow your interests with instant updates from your friends, friends’ friends and complete strangers. For breaking news and hyperlocal announcements, Twitter delivers.
This page explores the expanding Twitterverse with an insider perspective. For those learning a new platform, we are here to help. We also want to be inspired. So please, show us examples of good practices around the globe.
Core skills (Digital Literacy Quiz)
- Have you created an account on Twitter?
- Can you login on your laptop? On your phone? On your tablet?
- Have you updated your avatar image?
Bonus points if you change it this week.
- Have you updated your profile?
- Have you retweeted someone else’s tweet?
- Have you used a hashtag on Twitter?
- Have you reviewed your email notifications?
- Have you kept an eye on your followers?
- Have you created a Twitter list?
- Have you published a Twitter moment?
- Have you embedded a tweet on a website?
- Do you manage more than one Twitter account?
“Twitter is where you make connections with many people you don’t know but have lots in common with” @RichardMcLellan