October 16 is World Food Day.
This year’s theme motto: Our actions are our future. A zero hunger world by 2030 is possible.
Planeta.com celebrates World Food Day each year. We are inspired by the work of the FAO and welcome the opportunity to take a deep dive into timely topics. Curating this Twitter moment: https://twitter.com/i/moments/1051911254707560448
World Food Day Challenge
Planeta.com challenges readers to reflect and explore Word Food Day across the social web and in your own community. Learn what efforts are underway. Bonus points for those digital angels who champion good practice.
Questions for readers
- What are your favorite food / foodie accounts on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube?
- How do you translate World Food Day in other languages? Bonus points for Indigenous languages.
Questions for the FAO
- Is there livestreaming or recorded videos from the World Food Day events?
- When do you decide on the theme for next year’s World Food Day?
- What would you like others to know about the FAO?
About World Food Day 2018
FAO collects, analyses and disseminates data that aids development and works with countries both to devise and implement policies that take into account the multifaceted elements of Zero Hunger.
Zero hunger means working together to ensure everyone, everywhere, has access to the safe, healthy and nutritious food they need. To achieve it, we must adopt a more sustainable lifestyle, work with others, share our knowledge and be willing to help change the world – for the better.
Elsewhere on the Web