Photo: Patrick Nouhailler, Monument Valley (Some rights reserved)
We are keen on restorative action and rewilding. June 5 is World Environment Day and we are taking a look at the upcoming tasks for Generation Restoration and the UN Decades on 1) Ecosystem Restoration and 2) Indigenous Languages
Also see: reciprocal restoration
Questions = Preguntas
- How do we improve understanding of biodiversity?
- What are the connections among the Decade on Ecosystem Restoration and the Decade of Indigenous Languages?
- How is ‘World Environment Day’ translated in other languages? Bonus points for Indigenous languages.
- Are there WED events happening in Pakistan?
- What would insiders like outsiders to know about UNEP?
- What is the theme of 2022’s World Environment Day?
In 1972 the United Nations General Assembly established the first World Environment Day to mark the opening of the Stockholm Conference on the Human Environment. Another resolution led to the creation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).