June 5 is World Environment Day. Hashtags: #BeatAirPollution, #WorldEnvironmentDay
“We recommend celebrating World Environment Day every day of the year,” said Planeta.com founder Ron Mader.
Questions = Preguntas
- Who writes and tweets about air pollution? = ¿Quién escribe y tuitea sobre la contaminación del aire?
- For those keen on learning about air quality, what are the examples of public monitoring? = Para aquellos interesados en aprender sobre la calidad del aire, ¿cuáles son los ejemplos de monitoreo público?
Air Pollution facts:
- 92 percent of people worldwide do not breathe clean air
- Air pollution costs the global economy $5 trillion every year in welfare costs
- Ground-level ozone pollution is expected to reduce staple crop yields by 26 percent by 2030
Press Release: China to host World Environment Day 2019 on air pollution
China will host the global World Environment Day celebrations on June 5, 2019 with a theme of air pollution.
Approximately 7 million people worldwide die prematurely each year from air pollution, with about 4 million of these deaths occurring in Asia-Pacific. World Environment Day 2019 will urge governments, industry, communities, and individuals to come together to explore renewable energy and green technologies, and improve air quality in cities and regions across the world.
The Government of China has committed to organizing World Environment Day celebrations across multiple cities, with Hangzhou, in the province of Zhejiang, to host the main event.