A request for the organizers of the 15th Biodiversity COP:
Please show us communication strategies where remote participants can engage – listen, learn, and share relevant info.
Translating: How can remote allies, friends, journalists, and others participate in #COP15?
Spanish: ¿Cómo pueden los aliados, amigos, periodistas, y otras personas participar en forma lejana (remote participation) #COP15?
@RioPavilion @IUCN @IUCN_CEC @CBDNews
Kunming, China is scheduled to host the 15th Biodiversity COP in October 2020 with the theme “Ecological Civilization: Building a Shared Future for All Life on Earth.” Given the 2020 Coronavirus pandemic, these plans may change. Hashtags: #COP15, #Biodiversity2020
COP15 Wish List
How should we evaluate the 15th meeting of the Conference of the Parties? Here is our wish list for the event:
- Facebook, Google Docs, Twitter
- Livestreaming and archived video (YouTube, Periscope)
- Resources, forums and feedback for remote participants
- Bonus points for creative commons-licensed and open access mterials
4) We’d like this event to engage locals in China and teach visitors about China
5) We’d like this event to be a catalyst for satellite events and viewing parties
6) We’d like this event to be particularly friendly to Indigenous Peoples and local communities
7) We’d like this event to serve as an example of responsible travel embedded in conservation events
8) We’d like this event to serve as an example of Open Access, Open Education and Open Journalism
Photos of information tables and signage at this event
Allow questions from remote participants at events and press conferences
Technical requests: Twitter list of partners, participants, superfans