Kunming, China hosts the 15th Biodiversity COP – cbd.int/meetings/COP-15 – with the theme “Ecological Civilization: Building a Shared Future for All Life on Earth.” Delayed until October 11-24, 2021 due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Hashtags: #COP15, #Biodiversity2021, #SBSTTA, #Post2020
Planeta.com is updating this guide to the event, making requests of the organizers and participants, and creating a social web challenge for allies around the globe. Feedback and notes are welcome as we edit this preview.
- What are the most relevant hashtags?
- Are there livestreaming and recorded videos?
- How is COP15 different from COP14, 13, 12, 11 …
- How does the event attend to and amplify Indigenous peoples?
- Are relevant publications available online?
- What would locals like visitors to know about China?
- Who is writing and tweeting about China?
- What are the outcomes?
- What is an ecological civilization?
- What are your favorite examples of good practice connecting biodiversity conservation, education, and travel and tourism?
- How can the organizers and participants be more public-facing?
- How can remote allies, friends, journalists, and others participate in #COP15?
COP15 Wish List
How should we evaluate the 15th meeting of the Conference of the Parties? Here is our wish list for the event:
- Facebook, Google Docs, Twitter
- Livestreaming and archived video (YouTube, Periscope)
- Resources, forums and feedback for remote participants
- Bonus points for creative commons-licensed and open access mterials
4) We’d like this event to engage locals in China and teach visitors about China
5) We’d like this event to be a catalyst for satellite events and viewing parties
6) We’d like this event to be particularly friendly to Indigenous Peoples and local communities
7) We’d like this event to serve as an example of responsible travel embedded in conservation events
8) We’d like this event to serve as an example of Open Access, Open Education and Open Journalism
- Photos of information tables and signage at this event
- Allow questions from remote participants at events and press conferences
- Technical requests: Twitter list of partners, participants, superfans